TV Antenna Installation Guide
Nor sure how to install an antenna? Please check the instruction below and it may help to smooth your installation process.
Connect the antenna to your TV, then perform a channel scan
- Mount the antenna on your rooftop for optimal performance.
- Consult related instruction manual to SCAN the channels if you use a digital converter box
- Find the setting option on TV menu. Set up the signal source to AIR/Antenna.
- After you set up the signal source, go to Channel Scan or Channel Manage to scan the digital channels.
This process usually takes 5-10 minutes to finish. you will be able to see the channel counts during the scan process.
Test antenna installation before installing the antenna on the roof
- Plug in the AC Adapter and connect to the control unit box, you should see a GREEN light is on on your control unit box.
- Once you connect the control unit box(a port on the box named ANT) to your antenna with a cable, you should see the RED light is on on your antenna main unit. If not, you can test again with different cable to see if the problem is caused from the cable.
- After making sure both lights are on, every time when you press the button on the control unit box, you can see a RED light is on on the control unit box and your antenna should be rotating.
Above is a self-test instruction. Basically, you can test to see if your antenna set works without connecting the antenna to your TV set unless you’re testing if any signals picked up by the antenna.
After you assemble all the parts correctly, the antenna should rotate about 360 degree and stop then rotate reversely by pressing the button on the unit box. Or you can change the direction by quick-double-clicking the button.
If your antenna didn’t rotate, you can find out the problem easily from the steps above.
When you contact us asking for technical support, we appreciate if you can include a little more details about which step above the error shows, so that we can more accurately diagnose the factor of problem your antenna might have.
For best result, the distance between the control unit box and your TV set should be within 20 ft. And the distance between the antenna and the control unit box should be within 50 ft.